T-ara's New Year Wish: A Good Boyfriend?

Posted Image
Silk material and pastel-colored skirts with cute jackets; T-ara members show a representation of beauty in their hanboks. Their white skin makes a rather good match with the pastel colors.

A week of a sweet vacation for T-ara
First, being able to relax and sleep with your friends comfortable
But Eunjung's still filming dramas with tight schedules

Our New Year's wishes?
One of our wishes is to be better daughters... To be able to provide pocket money for our parents


From doing activities from morning until the late evening, the expression on their faces was tired. But after wearing hanboks, it became brighter. Last month, the popular girl group ended activities for their new mini album and now all the seven members could gather again in one place.

All the members were familiar with wearing the hanboks since childhood. "The color looks better on you," "Front ribbons tied like this," they touched the ceaseless skirt (?). Then they did a deep bow and stood in front of the camera man while doing graceful poses.

● The first long vacation since their debut, "wanting to go back to being ordinary daughters"

This is a special holiday for T-ara. Their last vacation was during Chuseok last year. Because of their hard work this year, they also get another vacation.

"This is the first time. I never thought that these kinds of things made the most sense during the holidays. I'll go home to live with my family. First, I'll sleep and have family time, like supposed to. I'll meet with my friends and drink coffee, watch movies, go to the market and see what others are doing." (Soyeon)

"In my household, I'm the eldest so I have to help with chores. My cooking? It's pretty good. Usually during the Lunar New Year, I leave at night and then leave again in the morning so all I could do was sleep, but this year I'll fulfill do my duties as eldest daughter." (Hyomin)

Qri, Jiyeon, Boram and Hwayoung were also very excited to be going on vacation, but Eunjung was not able to take a vacation. Because she has a lead role in the KBS2TV drama "Dream High", she couldn't stop filming. She also has no rest, so the other members did not tell her their plans and seemed to feel sorry.

"I'm filming a drama, so I don't get any days off. I'd like to go home with my family to eat rice cakes and soup. I can't go, so I feel regretful. But I love being an actor." (Eunjung)

● "Giving the gift of money to my parents"

The first idea that comes to mind when the word 'gift' was mentioned was "money". When they were younger, they were the ones that got money, now it's their time to give the money.

"I want to write a letter to my parents. During that time, I want to write down all the things that I want to let them know of or show them. It doesn't matter if all of it isn't positive. This way, I think I'm able to express my real feelings to them". (Boram)

Hyomin had prepared some extra money from her pocket to give to her parents. "I'd really love to be able to buy my parents some new shoes," said Hyomin, "When I received presents before, I've shown little reactions, but seeing them for a little bit, is already a great present for me now. It makes me really glad. Now, I want to be able to give them something more for a present" (?).

● Japan after New Years, "We couldn't sleep"

T-ara is planning greater activities this year. In April, T-ara will follow after girl groups like SNSD and Kara in Japan and start full-scale activities. They already received interests from three big companies last year, and their agency has became interested and finalized in making a dual coordination plan. However, individual members who advanced into acting has delayed their foray into Japan more than expected.

"It's a dream, but with a lot of preparation I think we could be able to succeed. We received much love in South Korea, and we want to be loved in Japan. I have confidence in myself." (Jiyeon)

"We could not sleep because we're so excited. Because of the activities in Japan, the members and I have to practice to becoming fluent. We have to prepare step by step without mistakes. We're intermediate level of proficiency in Japanese." (Qri)

Leader Boram also hoped that after the New Year the activities in Japan will reach expectations.

"We didn't know that it would get this busy (in a good way!). Around this time last year, we were working on promoting 'I Go Crazy Because of You' but after that, we got a good amount of rest. Even though it's tiring, making music is still very enjoyable for us. Now that we will be transferred to a new place for music makes it a more exciting challenge for us."

Boram also revealed something else she wanted.

"I want to have a guy talking to me as friends. I wish I could talk to someone through something (?). I have a lot of female friends, I wish I had a wonderful boyfriend."