2NE1 on their comeback and 1st concert in August


Girl group 2NE1 is now reaching their 3rd year after their debut this year. They are foreshadowing an extravagant comeback after having all 3 title songs place 1st on music ranking programs last year.

They say that they’ve already finished preparing with a song that will flip any sort of expectancy and performances that will surprise the world. In gearing up for promoting in Japan at the time, 2NE1 had a change of route in deciding to perform in Korea due to the unfortunate earthquake incident. The return of 2NE1 to the music industry will be a friendly one when their improvement is unstoppable.

The love calls for 2NE1 are hot with K-POP rising in Brazil, France, and countries that may not seem like they would be involved. Also, Will. I. Am, a supporter of 2NE1, foreshadows good results in their debut to the American market. 2NE1 who is ready to enter the international market is spreading their wings for their performances in Korea.

The four stars who are dreaming of freedom on stage met with Star News.



-You are going to promote in Korea when you were ready to promote in Japan.

▶(Sandara Park) There is disappointment, but I think that we are getting more preparation in order to promote in Japan. I’m happy to meet Korean fans first. I want the day to pass by faster in enjoying the stage.



-What have you been up to lately.

▶(CL) After the awards show back in December of last year, we all received a week of break for each member. I went to France with my father and I felt at ease. Now that I’m thinking about standing on stage again, I’m nervous.

▶(Gong Minji) I spent my time recording for the new album, practicing my vocals, learning ballet and Japanese, and others.


-The responses for Park Bom’s solo song are hot.

▶(Park Bom) I was lucky (laughs). I really didn’t know the responses would be this good, and I was very surprised. I worried a lot because my song would be introducing the start of 2NE1. However, I thought, ‘This is the good kind of pressure’ and after hypnotizing myself with it, I did my best in wanting for it to be perfect. I’m very happy as of lately because of the much love our fans give.


-Solo songs will be released every 3 weeks. If you could introduce the song ‘Lonely’ which will release on the 23th.

▶(CL) After listening to it carefully, you’ll know that it was a song we took an extreme risk for. Everyone gets lonely. We thought that this would be a song that the public can relate to. In midst of the strong atmosphere, the song expresses distinct loneliness felt, whether one being a strong man, woman, or just anyone in general.


-All 3 title songs were 1st place candidates from your official 1st album released in the second-half of last year. Do you not have any pressure for your promotions this time around?

▶(Park Bom) We feel pressure, but it’s the feel-good pressure. First off, I feel good in seeing that Park Bom’s solo song is doing well. It’s always the same, but I’m curious in the response of fans. Ranking is good for us, but we think its jackpot when our fans agree with 2NE1.


-You’re waiting on your debut in the American market with Will. I. Am. what did you talk about when you met up recently?

▶(CL) We met up with him after a year. He had others listen to our songs and even spoke a lot about us. Normally, he talks a lot about music but when he sees us, he even talks about shoes (laughs). He talks a lot of interest in our shoes. We’re almost done recording for the album that we will release in the American music industry.

▶(Gong Minji) We had a lot of discussion about jumping into the American market with Will oppa (Will. I. Am). We talked about which points we can appeal with and since the American market is a big market, we have to concentrate on the points, but we’re happy that good songs came out of this.


-If there is a goal for you when you start promoting the new album

▶(Sandara Park) Placing 1st is important also, but we hope for the public to relate to the things we express. Like always, we hope you like the songs. I hope to hear it on the streets lots also. We have our solo concert in august and we’re already excited to show a new image of us. I’ll leave it to everyone’s imagination (laughs).


Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110507n05497
Translated by seoulfoood @ ygladies.com / http://twitter.com/jbridgeezy