ZE:A interview for Elle Girl, May issue

http://kavenyou.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/a6628_zea.jpg
QUOTE

Boys, active as variety-dols, athletic-dols, fashion-dols. This is a short but pleasant interview with ZE:A, one year after their debut, on this warm spring day.

HEECHUL

Thanks to playing main character in a musical "Lunatic Dream Team 2010", his desire to act is great. He practiced "Secret Garden" Kim Joowon's embarassing lines. Asked about his practice for variety shows, he revealed:
"If I have the chance, I'd like to continue acting, showing different images of myself."
Although he's team's Kim Joowon, Goo Junpyo, vampire - Heechul is an attractive member, who has already been using his 'bad guy' role in real life a lot... suddenly he makes everyone laugh by cracking a silly joke, showing completely different, fresh charms.

MINWOO

Minwoo takes care of his skin for 30 minutes before sleeping. He's very thorough in self-management.
"My interest for styling grew after I gathered more and more accessories. Same for fashion."
Asked if he likes the concept of their first album, he replied with a satisfied expression:
"So far we only showed strong image, so I like this image of lovely young boys."
He said that thanks to that, they have more diverse fanbase.
"Before, we only pretended to be cool, and now when we have to smile on stage, we can't do it well. So, when we're monitoring our performances, a person who didn't smile on stage has a penalty of buying delicious things (to others)."
It wouldn't be only because Minwoo wants to be treated to delicious food, would it?

HYUNGSIK

Hyungsik, who is still growing, willingly gave his own chair to the editor, because the chair that was prepared for the interview was very high.
He calmly shares his thoughts: 'In my twenties, I'd like to gain some muscles and become a sexy and cool singer, like Rain senior. In my thirties, I'd like to try acting. And when I grow older, I want to stay active for a long time singing ballads."
Surprisingly unlike 'Magnae line', he cutely exposes sleeping habits of his roommates: Heechul, Taehun and Minwoo. "Sleeping habits of those two are famous. And Minwoo hyung grinds his teeth as soon as he closes his eyes."
Although he says that he tells Heechul sweetly "I love you" before sleeping... I don't know. I can't imagine it.

TAEHUN

Looking a little tired, Taehun, who is always hiding his big eyes behind sunglasses. He has been asked if the reason he wears them is because it's his favorite item. "I've been wearing them because of the concepts of our activities. Because CEO said I have to wear them. Ha ha."
The members unanimously said that Taehun is mystically calm.
"I have a real diversity of sunglasses. Originally I really liked glasses, so I collected them, but because I always appeared in sunglasses... as a result, I was only receiving sunglasses (from fans)."
At first he covered half of his face in this concept too, but now he says he's enjoying it (when he doesn't).
"In the future, I still want to be committed to studying rap and lyrics writing." You can check his work on this album.

SIWAN

Siwan. Member, who comes to the studio with exceptionally light steps. He's responsible for appearance. He surprised the editor by the easiness with which he changed expressions and poses once the photoshoot had started.
As expected from a man with such sophisticated fashion, he personally checked all prepared clothes and talked with the stylists.
"I'm interested in fashion, so I often read (fashion) magazines. And since I like clothes very much, I purchase them from various places. I think that the photoshoots or pictorials come out natural (for me), because I learnt a lot of things from the magazines. It is my dream to try (modeling) on a runway."
Now, as they started promoting their first full album, he thinks that he has to become "a multiplayer".
"We had guerilla concerts throughout the entire country before debut, staring in cable TV program. We accumulated a lot of experience, so it seems like after debut we could react more flexibly to the mistakes we made on stage. But I have other thoughts recently again. I'm a singer, singing and dancing is not all. Really."
The singers he listens to these days are Eric Benet and Corinne Bailey Rae. He says he especially listens to Corinne Bailey Rae's "My Love" while falling asleep. He also introduced a song from ZE:A's full album, "Be my girl", for which lyrics the members wrote themselves.
On the question about the fields he'd like to try his hands at, his answer is quick: "I'd like to try shooting a photoshoot with a very provocative and decadent mood one day. Usually I don't wear clothes that go well with preposterous make-up. I think I want to become another me."

KWANGHEE

"It wasn't a concept, it was a breakthrough." Kwanghee said, in a voice I remember from variety shows.
"Because I debuted at an older age, I was very worried about my image. So I decided to reveal myself. I'm really grateful to all those people who came to like me."
Before the shoot starts, our eyes meet while he is waiting for his turn. Before I know it, he comes to me and asks without hesitation:
"Excuse me, what's the concept for today's photoshoot? Is my hair ok?"
Without a smile. He's so absorbed he doesn't remember what he said in variety shows. But such thing is a worry for Kwanghee as well.
"After I recorded all those variety shows, it seems like I'm emotionally unstable. In serious situations, I'm frivolous instead." It's a honest answer. "Our members are all very talented."
Even when the members, who are watching beside him, joke that it's a "model answer in the interviews", he doesn't pay attention to it.
Kwanghee, always so funny, confessed with a completely serious face for a change: "In the future, I will also live an ordinary life. Before, I vaguely wanted to become a celebrity, but even if living an ordinary life is the most difficult task, it seems the happiest."

DONGJUN

Unbelievable Dongjun, an owner of a delicate face, who showed his gym-dol image in "Dream team" and broke a record of 6 seconds in a 50m run in "Idol Athletics Championship". ZE:A's magnae, who joined the photoshoot team running late due to his other schedule.
"Because I'm young, nothing's hard for me. If I want to do something, I will. If it's hard - (I want) to see how hard it is. I'm 20 years old." Such flood of words escaped his mouth.
Dongjun, who was a football player in high school, revealed his points uncharacteristic for his age. "I should do things I want to do, for sure. This is my style: once I decide, I show a shocking concentration and don't stop until I accomplish it. Do I have to show Moo Dae Po's* spirit? It seems like it has its pros and cons."
Asked about his desires: "My desires are gradually growing as the year since our debut has passed. I want to sing better, be more active in variety shows. I want to do everything well."
Since his desires were this great, I thought that he'd want to walk the path of a celebrity after 5 and 10 years, so I was surprised by his answer: "After 5 years? I want to open a restaurant. Seriously. I've been really thinking about setting up a ddeokbokki restaurant in Australia before. And I like delicious things as well."
Finally, I asked to which song from their first album he's the most attached to. "Song called 'Special day'. It's a song we send to fans, a 'fan song'. I'm really grateful we received enough love already to give such fan song as a gift, just a year after debut."
Finally an answer of a 20 year old.

*meaning "to go on a war without guns"

KEVIN

Photoshoot started with Kevin's solo shots. When he's met only through photos, with his rebellious appearance, he seemed like a tough guy. But when he greeted me for the first time respectfully with his two hands together, and later, even in the middle of the photoshoot he was bowing his head like a poor shy boy.
After moving to Australia in 1997, he signed a contract with Russel Crowe's agency and dreamt of becoming an entertainer for the first time.
"Because unlike Korean agencies, foreign agencies don't have trainee systems, I've been exposed to acting for along time at my age, my dream got bigger."
So he gathered experience, appearing in musicals and being a member of a choir in Australia. His strong point is that he's good at many things. His weak points are that he's too nice, and because he leads very orderly life, he can't stand messiness.
He smiled kindly, watching the other members being interviewed.
"Now we're all a team called ZE:A and we're giving our best at it. But it would be great if each member could have an opportunity to show their personality and talent to the fans."
He added that his aspiration for this year is to get first place.
Then, what about Kevin's future?
"If I'm not in the entertainment industry 5 years from now, I think I will travel to experience various things.I dream of traveling over the world, eating, drinking, feeling, experiencing different cultures. If I was to leave right now, the places I'd like to visit are... Europe,Mexico, Hong Kong? I want to travel through western Europe via train. I'm thinking of visiting Mexico, that fascinating country, before I turn 30."


Source: Elle Girl magazine (scans thanks to eijisatoshi)
Translation: Nashirah@EmpireChildren
DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT FULL CREDITS