Hanryu PIA - Dream High Taec & Woo

Jap - thai : namhom@2pmalways | Thai-Eng: Muize @2pmalways
Ok Taecyeon (2PM)

"Not being myself and being able to do whatever I want is very enjoyable"

Having come to realize the beauty of acting and aims for improvement

Ok Taecyeon, who took the first challenge of acting in KBS’s "Cinderella's sister", is currently working as “beastly idols”, 2PM. An actor who is primarily an idol is likely to be criticized for his acting but, on the contrary,viewers’ expectations towards his skill have soared.His pure love for only one woman was shownperfectly through his acting which later brought him the name of idol actor.The second challenge is “Dream High”where many singers have cast in. We went to see them at drama set in Kyongido onJan 28th. They seemed tobecome familiar with late filming because they looked refreshing almost till dawn.

“To make it short, I like this character. During Cinderella's sister,as I was taking the first challenge of acting, we were promoting the album at the same time. But this time I got a leading role so I tried harder. Being a student, stubborn character and the steady persistence in dancing are just like me. I must get this role. But it doesn’t mean I was a stubborn schooler to my parents, in fact, I listened their words well (laughs). I just have the persistence in dancing like Jingook, that’s all ”

How did he cope with 2PM’s crazy schedules when he had the drama recording as well?

"Both are fun. Being on the stage or acting has its own beauty. The hardest thing is to do it at the same time causing health problem due to lack of rest while having to be prepared for the album”

In the drama, he portrayed Jingook who gave his best to become a star which, somehow, might remind himself before debut

"What have been changed from before debut must be self-confidence. Back then I lacked of it so it’s somewhat different from who I am. Before debut, all I had to do is to learn stuffs bit by bit to gain confidence. But now, I’m confident with my skill. As if it’s my path.The feeling is completely different"

There are also others idols; Miss A’s Suzi and T-Ara’sEun Jung

"Of course, I’m still inexperienced and so are my fellows in the drama. Yetwe help each other to fulfill our greatest potentials. Most people have prejudice against idols acting. To reduce this tension, I have to work harder"

At the drama set, we met his teacher, Park Jin Young. When we asked him about co-working in the drama…

"It’s no difference. The role of Jinman is exactly Park Jin young hyung. Whether it’s what he teaches or his commitment to music is the same when acting together. He tried so much to get best new-comer as an actor (laughs) "

It’s been said that his greed for acting has increased

"I think I enjoy acting. It’s great to be someone else, not myself. In Cinderella’s sister, I was just an innocent guy but I became obstinatein Dream High.Next time would be something that gives another feeling"

Having to shoot till the morning,he didn’t seem to be bothered and still carried his smiley face all the time.
Just went to take a photo of the stage or have a look at the equipment aroundwhen Wooyoung was practicing. After hearing that story, he explained…
"That’s just nothing. It was freaking cold here, I was unable to speak many times”

Ok Taecyeon who is doing what he loves as an actor and singer but what is his dream anyway?

"Entering the company as a trainee was originally my dream. It’s changed after debut, it becomes being an actor. My dream is being true. When I dream, I’ll make it true then have a bigger one and so on. The end of this path is unseeable. But no matter where it ends, my greatest effort is what I’m going to show and that’s my dream."

We sometimes use japanese during the interview. Really impressed by his pleasant face.

"Dear HanryuPia readers! Sincerely thank you for being interested this much. 2PM is currently doing activies in Japand and Dream High is being broadcast. I promise to be better. Please give us supports! "
Jang Wooyoung (2PM)

"There’s a little difference of manner towards women between me and Jason"

"Gentle man" whose popularity has soared

What is the feeling of his first acting?

As much as the expectations, many worries had been circulated even before broadcast. The reason is that inexperienced idols took leading roles.Wooyoung, who also cast in the drama, had foreseen this outcome and felt pressuredfrom the very start.But as it started broadcasting, he came to realize that it was just useless nervous. Wooyoung played the role of Jason, a talented dancer who can speak English fluently which gives viewers impressions.The more episodes, the more he improves. Especially,thelove between gentle Jason and Pilsuk (IU). It’s romantically cute that receivesmany supports from the viewers."Jin Young hyung said he wanted me to play this role. I formerly had an interest in acting but thought it was hard. That’s why when I heard of the role, I got very excited”

Nevertheless, doing it at the same time as promoting 2PM album isn’t easy at all

"Actually, the schedule is pretty crazy. Although we live together, we rarely see each other.We always met and had meals together but right now, because of the drama,we just separately go out and come back in the morning. All I can see is them sleeping. I feel lonely and want to see them so much. Sometimes the thought of “If there’s no intention to work as 2PM then…” occurs. While waiting for my turn, I’ll take a nap. Besides that, I’ll learn japanese for 2PM’s activies in Japan"

Like he said, it’s the same time as the drama. All about 2PM, which will come in a luxurious box set, will be released on March 9thwhile March 30, their 1st Concert in SEOUL "DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP" DVD will come out. The role of Jason reminded him before debut.

"I thought of myself before debut. I miss it, miss it when we were doing things we used to do before joining the company and the memories of practicing with my schooler friends. The path is a bit different in the drama where we are chasing for happiness. It was harder and more complicated in real life.There were conflictsinside my heart"

It’s the challenge but because he gets to work with idols so he enjoys it

"Since we have many things in common so I have a good time. There’re many musical scenes. I like it when we stand on the stage and sing together. Though we have something in common when it comes to music yet Eun Jung has taught me a lot in acting. I was nervous about it because Jason is good at singing and dancing but I don’t think I’m at his level. Luckily, not much emotional scenes for me (lagush) I’ll be big trouble if there’s some”
At the set, we got to see both of his pleasant, cute look which made our heart beat fastand the look of him being Jason. So what do Jason and Jang Wooyoung have in common then?

“We both love singing and dancing. Being unfriendly and not care much about others are also the same.But don’t think the manners towards women will be the same as well, this is a bit different from Jason.Umm, don’t think it is so.”

Is there any impression working with 2PM’s producer, Park Jin Young?

"He usually teaches us singing “use your heart to sing, just like when we’re talking”. And he gives the same advice for acting. Jin young hyung is the best in the set. He can express the feelings well so the crew gets cracked up every time he’s shooting”

What have you learned from the acting?

“I know what acting is through acting. Something must be learned more after thisso I’m trying to be more successful than at the moment.Singing and acting have different atmospheres including the feelings. Acting makes me realize the importance of working with others”

The story of young boys and girls chasing their dreams. Let’s hear his own dream

“When I was young I wanted to be a scientist or a president. But the beginning of this singing and dancing was inspired by Rain, Park Jin young and Michael Jackson. Being world-class dancer is my dream, never change”